Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOWDROPS - PROMISE OF SPRING


Stayed up until 3.30 am this morning to finish 'Saffron on Sapphire'... blog I started last Friday, so wasn't expecting to be blogging again quite so soon. Racing down the garden path, on my way to a meeting in Clonmel, my eyes were snatched by of a gathering of shy, white-bonneted maidens sighing a chorus of ... 'The Promise of Spring', written and composed by Mother Nature, herself. Yet in their coyness, there is a defiance about being ignored, and I felt their retort.

These words came as I made for the Comeragh Mountains on another saffron-on-sapphire morning.


IS IT COLD OUTSIDE?


'I'm OK',
He convinces from the kitchen...
Not!
Wrapping... softly... fawn scarf
Around strong, dependable neck,
I spot the panic of disillusionment...
About to escape...
Stop!
Fleshy lips kissed,
Switches on to auto-pilot.
Past nodding snowdrops,
And attacked by hope,
Odin strides with shaky purpose,
Not feigned... at least.
Intention inspired,
Aurora's encore became duet...
'The Promise of Spring!'

Maureen Walsh ©
Little things can sometimes go un-noticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment