Thursday, April 22, 2010

SHANNON SADNESS

Took Emma to Shannon airport today. She is flying back to London after the Easter break from Guildhall School of Music and Drama. I love travelling and in particular, the buzz of airport atmpospheres. I would normally just set her down, because its just to sad for both of us to do the 'whole waving up the escalator thing', but I was bursting to go to the loo, so ended up doing the whole torturous waving until the last dot of her disappeared!

I am very grateful that my girls have left their nest to broaden their learning and taste the wonders of what life has to offer, but nevertheless, there is always a tug at my heart and a tear in my eye, when I wave good-bye. I have to remind myself, when I say good-bye to Katy in Cork or Emma in London or Shannon, that its not really good-bye, its....'au revoir' or ' auf wiedersehen', which mean in French and German respectively, 'until we meet again!'


See what I mean  about photograph! There will be really long space between it and the end of blog. Sorry!Emma on my hip in Fanore, Co. Clare. Everything has gone nuts since I added Amazon to my dashboard!
 I can't get rid of it unfortunately!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment