manderson
12-29 07:56 PM
have you tried filing a FOIA (freedom of information act) request to obtain the 140? i don't know how well u have researched this, but u should talk to a good lawyer.
Getting I-140 approval copy is not possible.
I only have case number prinout.
anyways, it is not a big deal. Worst case, I will get 1 year extension.
It is not going to deter me from exercising AC-21.
Getting I-140 approval copy is not possible.
I only have case number prinout.
anyways, it is not a big deal. Worst case, I will get 1 year extension.
It is not going to deter me from exercising AC-21.
wallpaper As the Raptor is aimed

johnamit
07-27 03:39 PM
yes that is true that we need position and job details before looking out usin AC-21. I am in same boat, I have I-140 copy but nothing related to labor. I think I am stuck for next 3-4 years with current employer.
sunny1000
01-01 06:16 PM
Dear fellow IV'ians,
I just wanted to share my good news with all of you on the cusp of a New Year. I am ecstatic to announce that my 140 got approved after a nerve wracking 17 months.
I have been rewarded with this blessing at the end of an absolutely horrendous year, to say the least. It started with being on bench for 5 months, to a 2-month contract in another city on H1-B through 3 layers, working hard as a mule whilst at the same time thinking positive, praying and believing in myself. Then extending contract by 3 months, abandoning H1B to use EAD due to ridiculous treatment by my H1 employer of 8 yrs. (it was the proverbial last straw on the back). Finally after this effort, contract extended through 12/31/09 culminating just yesterday by the approval of my 140!! "Hoped for the Best but prepared for the Worst"!
It came at a moment when I was almost ready to give in, throw up my hands in despair and start the tedious process all over again. But I always believed there was a silver lining in the clouds for me and it has just now opened up.
I want to thank everybody for reading and providing a fellow immigrant support and answers throughout this arduous journey. As a token of my appreciation for IV, I will contribute $140 towards our campaigns for next year.
{PayPal Payment Sent to "donations@immigrationvoice.org" (Unique Transaction ID #85N48789NY4311439)}
And lastly - Wish You a Happy & Prosperous 2009!! Be safe everybody.
congrats! Wish you and all IVans a very Happy 2009!
I just wanted to share my good news with all of you on the cusp of a New Year. I am ecstatic to announce that my 140 got approved after a nerve wracking 17 months.
I have been rewarded with this blessing at the end of an absolutely horrendous year, to say the least. It started with being on bench for 5 months, to a 2-month contract in another city on H1-B through 3 layers, working hard as a mule whilst at the same time thinking positive, praying and believing in myself. Then extending contract by 3 months, abandoning H1B to use EAD due to ridiculous treatment by my H1 employer of 8 yrs. (it was the proverbial last straw on the back). Finally after this effort, contract extended through 12/31/09 culminating just yesterday by the approval of my 140!! "Hoped for the Best but prepared for the Worst"!
It came at a moment when I was almost ready to give in, throw up my hands in despair and start the tedious process all over again. But I always believed there was a silver lining in the clouds for me and it has just now opened up.
I want to thank everybody for reading and providing a fellow immigrant support and answers throughout this arduous journey. As a token of my appreciation for IV, I will contribute $140 towards our campaigns for next year.
{PayPal Payment Sent to "donations@immigrationvoice.org" (Unique Transaction ID #85N48789NY4311439)}
And lastly - Wish You a Happy & Prosperous 2009!! Be safe everybody.
congrats! Wish you and all IVans a very Happy 2009!
2011 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor Spy
factoryman
07-02 01:20 AM
Keep it as it is. Then you can do FB based GCs on either side.
Talk of 'having the cake and eat it too'. Perfectly possible in this case.
Talk of 'having the cake and eat it too'. Perfectly possible in this case.
more...
Steve Mitchell
January 17th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Nice job Anders. 2,3,4 and 5 are the best of these I believe. You're exactly right about practice. The more you shoot the better you will get, as you are demonstrating. Patience and alertness are the key as well. When you can't control what's happening, you have to anticipate, and be alert to catch in when it happens. Shooting from the penalty box allows from some great shots. Be alert in there though. The first time I did that a puck whistled by myhead. Thank goodness I ducked and moved my head. Water from the ice was literally on my ear and the puck hit behind me. I would have hit me square in the head.
KbK
04-09 11:50 PM
Hi friends
I am sure lot of applicants are hold up in labor certification at Backlog Processing Centers. The implication of this delay are; even if the current bill is passed and all the provisions in the current bill are implemented, still it will be of NO USE to the applicants who are awaiting labor certification.
The other option is to apply through PERM and try to get certification quickly. But the catch here is, if the PERM application is approved then the original labor application is cancelled and priority date would become 2006. For example, if someone's application is pending since year 2002 and now if that person applies through PERM and if it gets approved within three months then that person would loose the priority date of 2002 and will have a priority date of 2006. If the green card numbers are not current then it would be a big disadvantage.
On the other hand if someone had applied through PERM in 2004 and his/her labor is approved then, with this new proposed bill, there is a good chance that he/she might get green card immediately because priority dates would have moved up to 2004. The reason I think this is a possibility is because, the quota numbers are going to increase substantially and BPC is very slow in approving labor certification. Hence there is a good chance that priority dates would move up fast.
If this happens then people who had applied earlier and waited for such a long time, will be at very big disadvantage.
I propose that we should request for change in law to allow existing applicants to apply through PERM and keep the old priority dates even after the application is approved.
This will not only help all of us but also help the authorities; as it would reduce the work load on BPC.
Friends at the end, may I request you to please send your thoughts on this?
Thanks
I am sure lot of applicants are hold up in labor certification at Backlog Processing Centers. The implication of this delay are; even if the current bill is passed and all the provisions in the current bill are implemented, still it will be of NO USE to the applicants who are awaiting labor certification.
The other option is to apply through PERM and try to get certification quickly. But the catch here is, if the PERM application is approved then the original labor application is cancelled and priority date would become 2006. For example, if someone's application is pending since year 2002 and now if that person applies through PERM and if it gets approved within three months then that person would loose the priority date of 2002 and will have a priority date of 2006. If the green card numbers are not current then it would be a big disadvantage.
On the other hand if someone had applied through PERM in 2004 and his/her labor is approved then, with this new proposed bill, there is a good chance that he/she might get green card immediately because priority dates would have moved up to 2004. The reason I think this is a possibility is because, the quota numbers are going to increase substantially and BPC is very slow in approving labor certification. Hence there is a good chance that priority dates would move up fast.
If this happens then people who had applied earlier and waited for such a long time, will be at very big disadvantage.
I propose that we should request for change in law to allow existing applicants to apply through PERM and keep the old priority dates even after the application is approved.
This will not only help all of us but also help the authorities; as it would reduce the work load on BPC.
Friends at the end, may I request you to please send your thoughts on this?
Thanks
more...

alifarhan123
08-27 03:20 PM
I got the 2 yr EAD as well, but don't know what the use of having it without I140 approval.
2010 White 2010 F150 SVT Raptor
gssh
06-13 09:30 AM
.
more...
Dhundhun
05-21 05:47 PM
I think, too many documents not required. The US Embassy in Delhi asks for:
If you have a sponsor for your trip
-- An Affidavit of Support, I-134 Form from your sponsor (a close relative), and also their bank statements and employment letter
-- A copy of the passport of your sponsor in the U.S. Preferably, a copy of the relative's Indian passport, if possible
-- Documents to show the sponsor's legal status in the U.S.
Refer to http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/nivbvisas.html.
Just like EAD filing, one can send as many documents as required, but I sent only things asked in e-filing (refer to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18737).
If you have a sponsor for your trip
-- An Affidavit of Support, I-134 Form from your sponsor (a close relative), and also their bank statements and employment letter
-- A copy of the passport of your sponsor in the U.S. Preferably, a copy of the relative's Indian passport, if possible
-- Documents to show the sponsor's legal status in the U.S.
Refer to http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/nivbvisas.html.
Just like EAD filing, one can send as many documents as required, but I sent only things asked in e-filing (refer to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18737).
hair Ford F150 Raptor Pictures
sunny1000
06-06 07:09 PM
I heard I-140 premium processing has been restarted. Is it true?
Where did you hear this? Can you please let us in on your source(s)?
Where did you hear this? Can you please let us in on your source(s)?
more...
chanduv23
12-24 09:50 PM
There won't be chat on Thursday, 25th, December 2008 as it is Christmas.
hot 2011 Ford Raptor SuperCrew
mammoy2k
01-14 05:11 PM
Check out venture fund organizations in your area (such as sdvg.org). Also prominent universities such as Duke/Stanford/UPenn have Startup Challenges (google duke/stanford/wharton startup challenge).
The first thing you need to do though is to figure out what you want to do and what you are good at. You need to define a field such as biotech, CAD, supply chain etc and network with the people in this segment (www.linkedin.com is one source). But you have to be very careful when you apprach these people. Dont sound impatient and understand that they are busy people. If you are from IIT/MIT dont flaunt it. No one cares.
Coming to the second point, you may start a company but you need to be willing to give command to someone else, if needed. You may be a super techie but running a business requires different skills (soft skills and business skills). So move out of the CEO chair, if needed. It is here where I see greatest difficulty with Tech people. They get into love of the tech they developed and think that customers would line up for the better mouse trap they built. Unfortunately that rarely happens.
Disclaimer: a former scientist who moved to business side.
For a long time, I have had this urge to be self employed but personal reasons and the immigration system was a deterrent factor for me in turning this into a reality. Now that I have an EAD, I would like to reexplore this idea and wanted to know if there are any entrepreneurial organizations that I could become a member of that will help me network with like minded people. I have heard of TiE and am getting to know more about this organization. If any of you are members, feedback on how it has helped you will help a lot of people planning to join. Are there any other clubs/orgs that help people like me can bounce ideas off of and help bring together like minded people under the same roof?
Thanks
PS: I had plans of pursuing an MBA for the sole purpose of networking. Unfortunately, this is not something I can do at this point of time.
The first thing you need to do though is to figure out what you want to do and what you are good at. You need to define a field such as biotech, CAD, supply chain etc and network with the people in this segment (www.linkedin.com is one source). But you have to be very careful when you apprach these people. Dont sound impatient and understand that they are busy people. If you are from IIT/MIT dont flaunt it. No one cares.
Coming to the second point, you may start a company but you need to be willing to give command to someone else, if needed. You may be a super techie but running a business requires different skills (soft skills and business skills). So move out of the CEO chair, if needed. It is here where I see greatest difficulty with Tech people. They get into love of the tech they developed and think that customers would line up for the better mouse trap they built. Unfortunately that rarely happens.
Disclaimer: a former scientist who moved to business side.
For a long time, I have had this urge to be self employed but personal reasons and the immigration system was a deterrent factor for me in turning this into a reality. Now that I have an EAD, I would like to reexplore this idea and wanted to know if there are any entrepreneurial organizations that I could become a member of that will help me network with like minded people. I have heard of TiE and am getting to know more about this organization. If any of you are members, feedback on how it has helped you will help a lot of people planning to join. Are there any other clubs/orgs that help people like me can bounce ideas off of and help bring together like minded people under the same roof?
Thanks
PS: I had plans of pursuing an MBA for the sole purpose of networking. Unfortunately, this is not something I can do at this point of time.
more...
house ford f150 raptor white.
gc_kaavaali
11-14 10:24 AM
hey fearonlygod,
Do you want to tell us your employer name? It helps other people...if u don't like u can ignore it.
I had similar situation where on H1B he was showing different salary...but he was paying less..difference is almost $10000 per year...it is between Aug 2003 and Oct 2004...Can we do anything now?
Do you want to tell us your employer name? It helps other people...if u don't like u can ignore it.
I had similar situation where on H1B he was showing different salary...but he was paying less..difference is almost $10000 per year...it is between Aug 2003 and Oct 2004...Can we do anything now?
tattoo Raptor over the lurching,
wahwah
06-03 01:03 AM
why do you say that the audit is for pending applications only?
the news article says that they are auditing all PERM applications filed by Fragomen, which means that pending and approved applications will be audited. The article doesn't mention the timeframe either.
audit is only on pending applications..i dont think it is on certified..
also they may process fugmon cases fase..hope they dont denied any..
what is supervised recruitment
the news article says that they are auditing all PERM applications filed by Fragomen, which means that pending and approved applications will be audited. The article doesn't mention the timeframe either.
audit is only on pending applications..i dont think it is on certified..
also they may process fugmon cases fase..hope they dont denied any..
what is supervised recruitment
more...
pictures f150 raptor white.
mhkumar
07-22 10:03 AM
If the I-140 has been approved, you are entitled to use the PD on any subsequent I-140 unless it is revoked based on fraud or misrepresentation.
The best document to have is a copy of the I-140 approval notice. You are legally entitled to have a copy of this document, and can obtain it by making a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to USCIS using Form G-639. USCIS provides detailed instructions at: USCIS - Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIA) (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a 1RCRD&vgnextoid=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD )
In my experience, it can take anywhere from 2 months to 18 months for USCIS to act on a FOIA request and provide copies.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your advice.
Form g-639 has 3 request types
1)Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
2)Privacy Act (PA)
3)Amendment of Record (PA only)
Which option I should choose (I guess (1) but want to confirm)?
Also do I need to answer question 6 and send a copy of my identity along with g-639?
The best document to have is a copy of the I-140 approval notice. You are legally entitled to have a copy of this document, and can obtain it by making a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to USCIS using Form G-639. USCIS provides detailed instructions at: USCIS - Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIA) (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a 1RCRD&vgnextoid=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD )
In my experience, it can take anywhere from 2 months to 18 months for USCIS to act on a FOIA request and provide copies.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your advice.
Form g-639 has 3 request types
1)Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
2)Privacy Act (PA)
3)Amendment of Record (PA only)
Which option I should choose (I guess (1) but want to confirm)?
Also do I need to answer question 6 and send a copy of my identity along with g-639?
dresses White Ford Raptors! Represent!
insbaby
08-24 02:13 PM
I think something is missing here. How did they find out ?? Did they take you in for secondary inspection?? taxes?? If your university allows online classes, you might be able to finish your courses online and complete the required coursework(i.e. ofcourse if you dont need to finish thesis or defend project work) the university should be able to confer you a degree.... might be worth chatting with the international office.
CBP & INS officers are much trainined in strategies to ask specific questions to individuals.
Most people from India do not want to purposefully lie, afraid of maintaining with a series of lies.
CBP & INS knew that students work somewhere. Our friend was a student then and it is not a surprise that he was trapped with some specific questions.
CBP & INS officers are much trainined in strategies to ask specific questions to individuals.
Most people from India do not want to purposefully lie, afraid of maintaining with a series of lies.
CBP & INS knew that students work somewhere. Our friend was a student then and it is not a surprise that he was trapped with some specific questions.
more...
makeup Ford F150 Raptor For Sale.
monkeyman
10-10 02:07 PM
Once you get your GC, you can do what you want when you want. You can work anywhere. Your consulting company nor any company has the right to hold you on any contract whatsoever, unless ofcourse your client has non competitive contract that prohibits you from joining them.
For naturalization, it does not matter whatsoever. You can say that you were offered a better position that matched your skill set and experience and hence you ("on your own free will") joined another company. And hey, congrats. Worry not. U R much better off. Love your job, not the company!!! And you can work 2 jobs that are not even related. No one cares -
For naturalization, it does not matter whatsoever. You can say that you were offered a better position that matched your skill set and experience and hence you ("on your own free will") joined another company. And hey, congrats. Worry not. U R much better off. Love your job, not the company!!! And you can work 2 jobs that are not even related. No one cares -
girlfriend 2010 Ford F150 Raptor SVT
jamesingham
06-22 04:20 PM
Mine is the same company that applied for EB2 in the first place
hairstyles Oxford White 2010 Ford F150
logiclife
09-28 09:56 PM
Hello Guys,
Does any one here has Newark NJ as their ASC? Reason is my notice date is august 27th from TSC and I haven't received my FP notice yet. My wife has the similar issue as well. I've called USCIS atleast twice but they are not ready to open service request and are saying that the ASC must be busy.
I wanted to find out if any one of you here has notice date after august 27th and have already got FP notice from Newark (NJ) ASC.
Thanks.
Please title your threads appropriately. Your thread title was "Newark NJ ASC". What does it mean? I have corrected it.
It not only is easy on other people's eyes, but you would do yourself a favor and draw more responses to questions you have if you ask the question in titles because the title appears on the homepage and seen by around 600-1000 people at any time.
Everyone, despite requests, people start new threads titled :"Please help" or "RFE" or "Question" or "140" or "I485".
What is so difficult about framing a short question and putting it as thread title?
Does any one here has Newark NJ as their ASC? Reason is my notice date is august 27th from TSC and I haven't received my FP notice yet. My wife has the similar issue as well. I've called USCIS atleast twice but they are not ready to open service request and are saying that the ASC must be busy.
I wanted to find out if any one of you here has notice date after august 27th and have already got FP notice from Newark (NJ) ASC.
Thanks.
Please title your threads appropriately. Your thread title was "Newark NJ ASC". What does it mean? I have corrected it.
It not only is easy on other people's eyes, but you would do yourself a favor and draw more responses to questions you have if you ask the question in titles because the title appears on the homepage and seen by around 600-1000 people at any time.
Everyone, despite requests, people start new threads titled :"Please help" or "RFE" or "Question" or "140" or "I485".
What is so difficult about framing a short question and putting it as thread title?
ebizash
10-08 10:50 AM
It will reduce net pay for citizens of countries without totalization agreements with India, specially because the EPF contribution in India applies to total gross pay without any upper limit.
Isn't this exactly what we have to go thru here in US by paying SS Tax?
Isn't this exactly what we have to go thru here in US by paying SS Tax?
neoneo
07-16 08:36 PM
I'm not sure the information is correct. You can add a spouse anytime before your I-485 is approved. Till that time it's a good idea, if you have a chance, to maintain two different applications. The difference is you can mention that you have a spouse in biometrics etc but you wont file for her EAD/ AP since she/he has a separate app since she is not a dependent.
In a nutshell " If-you-are-a-spouse-doesn't-mean-you-are-a-dependent".
If you don't plan to file as a dependent then you have to file two independent apps.
Don't get confused with dependent and spouse, these are two very different terms.
You would add a dependent before your I-485 approval depending upon whose PD is current.
PS: As usual all the disclaimer regarding of me not being an attorney applies. :D
In a nutshell " If-you-are-a-spouse-doesn't-mean-you-are-a-dependent".
If you don't plan to file as a dependent then you have to file two independent apps.
Don't get confused with dependent and spouse, these are two very different terms.
You would add a dependent before your I-485 approval depending upon whose PD is current.
PS: As usual all the disclaimer regarding of me not being an attorney applies. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment