Sunday, July 13, 2008

Philippine Showbiz' "Most Quotable Quote" Award

Where in the world can you find a quote/s that makes one person famous or controversial? Nowhere but in showbiz. And when I say showbiz, I meant Philippine showbiz.

And so we come to a list (as published in Dolly Ann Carvajal's Dollywood) of Pinoy showbiz' quotable quotes, from the serious to downright humorous. Straight from the horse's mouth, as the saying goes. We remember these direct statements for a long time.

Most Honest: "Di ako pwedeng mag feeling close kay Marian [Rivera] kasi di talaga kami friends. Magka-trabaho lang kami." - Katrina Halili

Most Funny: "Kung ibang stars deny ng deny, ako naman bago pa ako tanungin umaamin na ako para 'di na humaba ang issue." - Joey Marquez

Most Sensible: "I fell violated when some celebrities share some than they should. It's one thing to be found out and quite another to volunteer too much information about yourself." - Leah Salonga

Most Touching: "When my mom died, tumigil and mundo ko." - Aga Muhlach

Most Intriguing: "LJ [Reyes] and I had what I would call a perfect breakup." - Alfred Vargas

Most Empowering: "There's life after marriage." - Amalia Fuentes

Most Thought-Provoking: "I don't see the need for me and my BF Mike to get married or live together. Why fix something that ain't broken?" - Gloria Diaz

Most Inspiring: "We should not let the system box us in. A true artist can never work in a box." - Cesar Montano

Most Candid:" Karamihan sa mga lalake hindi ka nga papalitan bilang GF, magdadagdag lang sila." - Sunshine Cruz

Most Frank: "If a guy wants to date me exclusively, he has to be exclusively mine, too." - Miriam Quiambao

Most 'Kilig':" I have come this far because Karylle was behind me all the way so why would I let intrigues come between us now? We are together on this journey." - Dingdong Dantes

Most Dramatic: "Tirahin na nila ako ng tirahin. Wag lang pamilya ko." - Rufa Mae Quinto

Most Original: "I'd rather not be labeled as Kapamilya or Kapuso. I would prefer to be called Katrabaho." - Direk Joey Reyes

Most Scene-Stealing: "That cannot be, we own the bank." - Gretchen Barretto

Most Sincere: "I've stopped dwelling on competition. I just focus on doing what I have to do in the best way I can." - Angel Locsin

Most Heartwarming: "I am a citizen of the world, having been raised in various places, but I'm a Pinoy at heart." - Marc Nelson

Source: Dollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment